RES: What do you call your discovery search engine?

Michelangelo M M Viana mviana at PUCRS.BR
Tue Jun 16 13:27:06 EDT 2015

Hi Jonathan,

Last year, during the process to choose a name to our discovery tool (Primo), we made the following list, from Primo installations around the World:

---
Atrium (Université de Montréal)
BobCat (New York University)
CatalogPlus (Vienna University of Technology)
Central Search (University of Central Oklahoma)
DaTA (Tel-Aviv University)
Discover Library (Vanderbilt University)
Easy Search (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Explore (British Library)
Find It! (Binghamton University)
Holmes One Search (Boston College)
Hunter (St George's University of London)
iCat (Kingston University)
Info Locate (Law Society of Upper Canada)
Knowledge Portal (ETH-Bibliothek Zurich)
Libraries Search (Boston University Libraries)
Library Search (Canterbury Christ Church University)
Limo (K.U.Leuven)
Linfield Search (Linfield College)
Multi Search (Macquarie University Library)
Odyssée (Université Paris-Dauphine)
One Stop Search (University of Manitoba)
Omnis (Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul)
One Search (California State University, Sacramento)
Parthenon (UNESP, Brasil)
Portal de Busca Integrada (USP, Brasil)
Primo (Aalborg University)
Primo OneSearch (University of East Anglia)
Primus (Humboldt University Berlin)
Rex (Royal Library of Denmark)
QuickSearch (Eastern Shore Community College)
Scholar OneSearch (Northeastern University)
Scholar Search (Brigham Young University)
SearchIt (Princeton University Library)
Smart Search (Atlanta University Center)
SOLAR Library Search (University of Salford)
Star Plus (University of Sheffield)
TRiCAT (Universität Trier)
Tutto (Università degli Studi di Torino)
UniVerse (University of Verona)
Virtuose (Université du Québec à Montréal)
---

Regards,

Michelangelo

Michelangelo Mazzardo Marques Viana | Support and Development Dept.
Librarian, Main Library Systems Coordinator - CRB-10/1306
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul - PUCRS
Ir.  Jose Otao Central Library | Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
+55(51) 3353.4371| mviana at pucrs.br | http://www.pucrs.br/biblioteca
Central Library Virtual Tour: http://www.pucrs.br/biblioteca/visitavirtual
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bibliotecapucrs
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bibliotecapucrs