Fwd: [Mar-l] SCRLC Wellness Webinar on Wearable Tech

Lori Bell lbell927 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 10 12:36:27 EDT 2015

Please join us at South Central Regional Library Council for the following
Wellness Webinar-

Wearable Tech: Websites, Apps & Tech to Help You and Your Patrons Stay
Healthy

With Kira Smith

*Wednesday, June 24th, 10:00 -11:00am EDT*

Everywhere you go you see someone wearing a band, bracelet or watch that
can help track some aspect of their health. In this webinar we'll examine
websites, apps and wearable devices that promote good health. We'll look at
places where you can go for reliable health information, both on the web
and on your phone. This webinar will also show you how you can use the web,
apps and wearables to monitor:

- exercise

- nutrition

- medication

- children's health

- mental health

We'll also take a look at how wearables in particular fit into libraries
now and in the future.

Additional information and registration available here
<https://scrlc.org/events/view/5605>.

*Jessica P. Brooks*
Educational Services Librarian
South Central Regional Library Council <https://scrlc.org/>