Cites & Insights 15:7 (July 2015) available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 2 19:18:28 EDT 2015

Cites & Insights 15:7 (July 2015) is now available for downloading at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ15i7.pdf

This odd summer issue is 20 pages long. If you’re planning to read it
online or on an e-device, you may prefer the 37-page one-column 6×9″
edition, available at http://citesandinsights.info/civ15i7on.pdf

(Thanks to a change in software support, both versions should show
boldface, have working hyperlinks, and have bookmarks.)

The issue includes:

The Front: The Open Access Landscape: An Interim View   pp. 1-4

There’s a new ebook and book out, containing all of the Open Access
Landscape subject chapters–but with more material as well. You can’t
buy it as such, but a small donation to Cites & Insights will get you
a link to the PDF and another link to pick up the 202-page (186+xvi)
paperback for $7. You can donate at the Cites & Insights home page.
(Also: Chapter 16 to show what’s included, and some notes about the
PDF changes in this issue.)

Perspective: Thinking about Libraries and Access, Take 2    pp. 4-11

My current personal beliefs about the present and future of
OA–including cases where I know what I believe and I hope I’m wrong.
Also the first “Thinking about Libraries and Access” (from nine years
ago) and some brief notes.

Perspective: A Few Words, Part 1   pp. 11-20

Twenty years ago (as of ALA Annual, that is), I was pleasantly
surprised with an unexpected award. This “essay” consists of anywhere
from a sentence to a paragraph of (nearly all) my books and articles
leading up to that award–from 1976 through 1994 in pretty much
chronological order. You may find it amusing. Or not.