Call for manuscripts on "Scientific information"

Tomàs Baiget baiget at SARENET.ES
Mon Jan 26 17:56:16 EST 2015

Dear colleagues,

The international scientific journal "El Profesional de la Información"
(EPI) is planning its July/August 2015 issue (v. 24, n. 4) on

"SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION".

Topics may include:
* Information sources (databases, journals, books, repositories,
harvesters, publishing platforms...).
* Information retrieval systems, search engines...
* Dissemination, outreach and scientific collaboration in social
networks, reference managers...
Product and service evaluation and comparison. Do we have the resources
we need? Are the conventional databases worth in a market dominated by
the major search engines and publishing platforms? Can harvesters
compete with Google? Will someone be able to compete with Google?

We are especially interested in theoretical and methodological studies,
although we may also accept novel practical experiences.

We publish articles in English or Spanish.

Please follow the rules for authors on:
http://www.elprofesionaldelainformacion.com/criterios.html [1]

Please submit your manuscript through our journal management and
publishing system (OJS) on RECYT (Spanish Repository of Science and
Technology), EPI section:
http://recyt.fecyt.es/index.php/EPI/index [2]

VERY IMPORTANT FOR AUTHORS

If you are not registered as an author in EPI-RECYT, please go here to
register:
http://recyt.fecyt.es/index.php/EPI/user/registerJournal [3]

DEADLINE: MARCH 10TH, 2015

ARTICLE EVALUATION
This journal uses double-blind peer review, with two or more reviewers
assigned to each submission. EPI is committed to answer with the
results.

DATABASES
"El Profesional de la información" (EPI) is indexed by the following
databases and evaluation systems:
Academic search, Communication source, Dialnet, Economía y negocios,
Business source, Francis, Fuente académica, Hceres (formerly Aeres,
France), Inspec, Isoc-Csic, Ista, Lisa, Lista, Pascal, Scopus (SJR 2013
= 0.345), and ISI social SCI (WoS) (JCR: IF 2013 = 0.402). EPI meets the
36 Latindex quality criteria.

PLEASE NOTE
Since January 2015 EPI is being published exclusively online.
EPI is an independent, subscription-fee journal published since 1992 by
a small non-profit company in Barcelona, Spain.

In order to cover production costs in January 2014 we began charging
authors 200 Euros per published article.

Receive kind regards,

_TOMAS BAIGET_, Director
http://elprofesionaldelainformacion.com [4]
http://elprofesionaldelainformacion.metapress.com [5] (until February