Making Maker Space Programming for Librarians

Art Teacher artprofessor at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 5 17:04:56 EST 2015

*Enroll Today for this Unique and Highly Recommended Workshop*

*Starts February 16, 2015.  This is a 4 week online workshop. Library
Invoices Accepted.*

*  12 LEU Approved *(Indiana)*  All Librarians, Teachers, Volunteers,
Staff, and Library Science Students Welcome. $59.00*

*Enroll at:*

*http://www.artmuseums.com/makerspace.htm
<http://www.artmuseums.com/makerspace.htm>*

*Past participant comments:*

*I have gained a better knowledge of what a Maker Space is and how I can
adapt it to my small library. With our size, budget, and staffing, Lego
type maker space activities are going to be the way to go for us. Much of
the information on where to find technology items and how to start small
were helpful. I found the funding tips very helpful. *

*One of the projects that really caught my eye was from the video of the
Maker Fair in New York. Two young girls had set up a tent/area where people
could make their own super hero costumes. I thought this type of maker
activity would fit in great with the theme for summer reading club this
year. I would like to host a comic con at our library this year as a
special activity related to the summer reading club theme. I would envision
having this type of make your own super hero outfit at this event. I would
have to modify the part where they used a 3D printer to print medallions
related to their super powers. Our library is not (yet) equipped with a 3D
printer. I would try to have various fabric donated to cut costs. . .*

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-02-05