DC-2015 Call for Participation - 2nd notice, S=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=A3o_?=Paulo, Brazil

DCMI Announce announce at DUBLINCORE.NET
Tue Feb 3 15:22:01 EST 2015

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Metadata and Ubiquitous Access to Culture, Science and Digital Humanities

*DCMI 20th Anniversary International Conference & Annual Meeting*
*September 1-5, 2015 — São Paulo, Brazil*

=================
*Conference Website:* http://purl.org/dcevents/dc-2015
*Call for Participation:* http://purl.org/dcevents/dc-2015/cfp
*Track Policies:*
http://dcevents.dublincore.org/index.php/IntConf/dc-2015/schedConf/trackPolicies
=================

*Abstract:* The need for structured metadata to support ubiquitous access
across the Web to the treasure troves of resources spanning cultures, in
science, and in the digital humanities is now common knowledge among
information systems designers and implementers. Structured metadata
expressed through languages of description make it possible for us to
'speak' about the contents of our treasure troves. But, like all human
languages, our languages of description both enable and isolate. The push
to break out of the isolation of the metadata silos in which professionals
inevitably design, implement and manage metadata in order to discover the
intersections of our treasure troves drives much of today's discourse and
emerging practice in metadata. The emergence of massively integrated Web
presences such as Europeana and the Digital Public Library of America
(DPLA) along with the reshaping of public access globally through
mechanisms such as Linked Data and schema.org drive our conversations, our
excitement, and our fears.

*IMPORTANT DATES:*

*Technical Program Deadlines:*
  *Peer-Reviewed Papers, Project Reports & Posters*
  --*Submission Deadline:* 28 March 2015
  --*Author Notification:* 23 June 2015
  --*Final Copy:* 28 July 2015

*Professional Program Deadlines *
  *Special & Panel Sessions*
  --*Proposal Deadline:* 28 March 2015
  --*Author Notification: *25 April 2015
  *Best Practice Posters & Demonstrations*
  --*Submission Deadline:* 14 July 2015
  --*Author Notification:* Ongoing

=================

*Join us in São Paulo, Brazil*

Each of the past 20 years, the metadata community has gathered for DCMI's
conference and annual meeting. The work agenda of the DCMI community is
broad and inclusive of all aspects of innovation in metadata design,
implementation and best practices. While the work of the Initiative
progresses throughout the year, the annual meeting and conference provide
the opportunity for DCMI "citizens" as well as newcomers, students,
apprentices, and early career professionals to gather face-to-face to share
experiences and knowledge. In addition, the gathering provides public- and
private-sector initiatives beyond DCMI that are doing significant metadata
work to come together to compare notes and cast a broader light into their
particular metadata work silos. Through such a gathering of the metadata
communities, DCMI advances its "first goal" of promoting metadata
interoperability and harmonization. This year, the annual meeting and
conference are being hosted by the Universidade Estadual Paulista--São
Paulo State University (UNESP) and held in São Paulo, Brazil.

=================
*CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS:*
--Universidade Estadual Paulista--São Paulo State University (UNESP)
--Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI)
=================

*CONFERENCE CHAIRS:*

--Plácida Santos, Professor
  Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Brazil

--Silvana Borsetti Gregorio Vidotti, Professor
  Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Brazil

--Flávia Maria Bastos, CGB Coordinator
  General Coordination of Libraries
  Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Brazil

--Mariana Curado Malta
  CEISE/ISCAP - Polytechnic of Oporto, Portugal
  Algoritmi Center - University of Minho, Portugal

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-02-03