Norwegian Citation Index

Even Hartmann Flood even.flood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 27 10:17:35 EDT 2015

On 27 August 2015 at 14:01, Ina Smith <Ina at assaf.org.za> wrote:
> I think I agree .... Is there some way the actual list can be accessed?
>
> Al also looking for criteria for inclusion. Even - if you can help with translation it would be great!
> https://dbh.nsd.uib.no/publiseringskanaler/Om
>

> Thanks so much Daniel and Even!

Ok - the list here is HUGE. The purpose of it is dividing publications
in three categories, 2,1, and 0
The numbers are by importance, 2 have the highest impact factor, 1 the
lesser impact factor and 0 - little importance. When a researcher gets
a paper published in level 2 journals then the institutions get high
research grants, level one lover grants and level zero - forget it. I
guess what you patron is looking for are the level 2 journals?

As for inclusion it it done by advisory commitees for the different
subject areas, and user can suggest new journal. Crtieria is among
other things impact factor compared to other journals in the same
subject area.

The list is - or was last time I looked - online, I will look for it.

Even

--
Even Hartmann Flood,  Senior Academic Librarian, retired
Ilevollen 3e
even.flood at gmail.com
http://home.broadpark.no/~evflood/
"Come, and take choice of all my library, and so  beguile thy sorrow."
                                (Shakespeare)