Norwegian Citation Index

Ina Smith Ina at ASSAF.ORG.ZA
Thu Aug 27 05:18:13 EDT 2015

Dear Even

Thank you for your prompt response!

Apparently the journals on this list is acknowledged by the SA Dept. of Higher Education in SA for funding purposes, when researchers author papers in this journal.

I quote from the communication received from our DHET (apparently they have written to the Norwegian Research Council to request the list, but no response received yet ….) (also find attached):

With the implementation of the revised policy in 2016, three additional
journal lists will be added, bringing the total of DHET subsidised lists to
six, namely:
· ISI,
· IBSS,
· SA list,
· Scopus,
· SciELO SA, and
· Norwegian list.

Any help will be highly appreciated ….

Kind regards
Ina

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Even Hartmann Flood
Sent: 27 August 2015 11:10 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Norwegian Citation Index

On 27 August 2015 at 10:52, Ina Smith <Ina at assaf.org.za<mailto:Ina at assaf.org.za>> wrote:
I am looking for the list of scholarly journal titles indexed by the Norwegian Citation Index. Anybody out there that knows where this list of titles can be accessed?

​I have not heard of a Norwegian Citation index, and after 20+ years working with bibliografic databases here in Norway I have heard a lot! ​

The only references to the term I have found are where Norwegian contributions to the SCI is compared to those from other nations. So, can you elaborate a bit about what you are after?
Even

--
Even Hartmann Flood,  Senior Academic Librarian, retired
Ilevollen 3e

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-08-27