Room scheduling software

Michael Schofield mschofield at NOVA.EDU
Mon Sep 15 11:58:38 EDT 2014

We built our own at http://sherman.library.nova.edu/rooms and it is tied-into our Sierra ILS. While we're not releasing it or anything, if homegrowing is an option I'd be happy to answer any q's.

Best,

Michael // libux.co

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Sara Brownmiller
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 11:20 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Room scheduling software

The University of Oregon Libraries is looking for a room scheduling application that can be used throughout the libraries.   We currently use the campus R25/25Live software, which is difficult and clunky for both requestors and approvers.   Students need to be able to place their own requests, with review and approval by library staff.   It would be useful if the software had the ability to enforce some policies, i.e. only a single booking per week, etc.
We'd like to find a software that is more user friendly, can be integrated with the campus identity management system (Shibboleth), and accommodate a variety of policies, rooms and buildings.  If possible, we are also interested in offering a digital display of reservations for some rooms.
If your library has a room scheduling software that is working well, would you let me know what it is?
thanks, Sara

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-09-15