New Conference Opportunity: Advancing Research Communication & Scholarship

Jill Emery jill.emery at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 1 14:05:38 EDT 2014

Examining the Present, Building for the Future

Advancing  Research Communication & Scholarship  (ARCS) has partnered with
FORCE11 and the Digital Library Federation to organize a series of
community sessions, called Future Commons, focused on articulating a shared
vision of scholarly communication, with the ARCS Conference being the
culminating event. We believe that the exercise of discussing a shared
vision will inspire collaboration and develop the groundwork for the
concerns a of this diverse group made up of: scholars, practitioners,
service providers, and organizations within our shared information
ecosystem.

By engaging diverse communities of scholarship and practice, ARCS will
offer a unique and dynamic forum for examining the scholarly communication
network, building collaborations, and affecting change. The conference will
explore what is and what can be, and the values, economics, technology, and
roles that influence knowledge sharing and innovation. Conference content
will be organized into three broad themes: develop, endorse, share.

Our keynote speakers will be: William Noel, who oversees the collections,
research services and public programs of the Penn Libraries Special
Collections Center and is the founding Director of the Schoenberg Institute
for Manuscript Studies and Mónica I. Feliú-Mójer, the Vice-Director and
News Editor for Ciencia Puerto Rico, a grassroots organization promoting
science, research, and science education in Puerto Rico, and manager of
outreach programs at the University of Washington’s Department of
Biostatistics. To learn more, see here:
http://commons.pacificu.edu/arcs/keynote.html

If you've every asked or considered : What are the fundamental tenets of
scholarly publishing? What is research data management all about? Are
libraries a natural home for research profiling and intelligence services?
What support do researchers want from information professionals and
librarians? Join us to have these conversations.

Proposals for conversation topics can be submitted here:

http://commons.pacificu.edu/arcs/cfp.html

Registration is available here:
http://commons.pacificu.edu/arcs/registration.html

We hope you will join us in Philadelphia, PA, April 26 - 28, 2015.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-10-01