Single search boxes for article databases.

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at MANHATTAN.EDU
Sat Nov 22 19:36:05 EST 2014

We want to change the main search on our site be a box with radio
button choices for our OPAC, Google Scholar, ProQuest Central, and an
Ebscohost database combination (Academic and Business Source Elite).

It would be helpful if I could look at other sites that have some of
these options, since the Proquest widget creator makes a search box
whose HTML is extremely cryptic.

Proquest widget code excerpt: <iframe frameborder="0" height="137"
overflow:visible=""
src="http://search.proquest.com/widget/searchWidget?params=eNqNks1u00AQx5e07pdAAiEh9VbEBaTUsZNC00pVCflQIoWkbQohJ3ft3dhut7tmdxwnUsQT8RKIJ%2BDKO%2FAOzKYV4gYj2Ts7Hs
 [snip]

Has anyone been able to do a onesearch box with a selectable search
for Proquest Central?  If so, please tell me how you got the code, or
if it's easily deconstructed, can you point me to the page and I'll
look at the HTML.

Thanks.

--
Stacy Pober