Open Sesame: Open Educational Resources and Open Textbooks for Massive Open Online Courses

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Thu Mar 20 17:56:16 EDT 2014

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

I am pleased to announce the availability of my slide presentation given at the _Electronic Resources & Libraries_ conference earlier this week at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center at the University of Texas at Austin.

Outline

> Introduction
> Open Educational Resources
Professional Development
Current Awareness
Promotion
> Open Textbooks
> Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
Professional Development
Current Awareness
Promotion

The presentation is available via

[ http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2014/03/open-sesame-open-educational-resources.html ]

This an updated and revised presentation that complements / supplements a previous presentation _Open Sesame: Strategies for Promoting Open Educational Resources for Massive Open Online Courses  (MOOCs)_  available via

[ http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2013/11/open-sesame-strategies-for-promoting.html ]

Of note are the addition of key introductory resources for OERs and MOOCs and very recent posting relating to OERs and MOOCs.

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and