Link to access specific ebook collection in ScienceDirect

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at MANHATTAN.EDU
Thu Jul 10 14:41:01 EDT 2014

One way is to put a unique string into one of the MARC record fields that
is indexed in your opac.

Of course, that would require either editing or reloading all of the
records for these books, so it may be more trouble than you would wish.

We currently have unique identifiers for each batch of ebook records in a
searchable field that is not displayed by default.  Those are mostly used
by the librarians, when we want to see something like all of the eBrary DDA
records, or all of the streaming videos from one provider.  In our system,
those are in the 910 field, which is indexed but not displayed unless you
look at the MARC version.

We also have collection identifiers in the 500 field, and that field is
 displayed to users.

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist