Reminder: NETSPEED 2014 - Register is open - register today!

Sergy, Lauren lsergy at THEALBERTALIBRARY.AB.CA
Thu Jul 10 13:53:37 EDT 2014

The Alberta Library is gearing up for another fantastic Netspeed
conference!  Have you registered yet?

*The Alberta Library invites you to be a part of Netspeed: TheHuman Side Of
Technology <http://www.thealbertalibrary.ab.ca/netspeed/>, held October 16
and 17, 2014 at the **Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort*
<http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yegmc-edmonton-marriott-at-river-cree-resort/>*
in
Edmonton, AB.*

Netspeed is a conference focused on technology and its applications and
implications in library settings. Libraries are hugely impacted by
technological shifts; it changes the way we do business, serve our
customers, run our organizations, and even arrange our buildings.
 Libraries are early adopters, and often operate not just on the cutting
edge but the bleeding edge of technology.  Ours is a space that is ripe
with possibilities for programmers, hardware and software experts, digital
media creators, tech culture experts, social media innovators, and more.

We offer learning experiences that include lectures, discussion, technology
demonstrations, and the NExpo vendors' showcase.  Our sessions are diverse
and highly engaging; you'll hear from librarians, software developers,
architects, instructors, researchers, and other experts from both the
academic and the public library sectors.

In partnership with Code4Lib, we are also hosting a day-long Hackfest on
Wednesday, October 15th for tech enthusiasts who want to participate in a
day of intense development and collaboration.  The Hackfest will take place
in the Makerspace of the Stanley Milner branch of the Edmonton Public
library.

You can register for both Netspeed the Hackfest at the Netspeed Online
Registration form
<https://www.signup4.net/Public/ap.aspx?EID=NETS10E&TID=swAoRy4kWCEPkZwiBBH8VA%3d%3d>

*For the full program, accommodation, registration links, and other
information, please visit the Netspeed 2014 conference website
<http://www.thealbertalibrary.ab.ca/netspeed/>.*

Lauren Sergy
Director of Planning and Program Development (Acting)
The Alberta Library
780-414-0805 ext. 230
lsergy at thealbertalibrary.ab.ca

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/