The Use of Social Media in the Library- Findings from the Twitter Party

Norma Jean Hewlett hewlett at USFCA.EDU
Tue Jul 1 15:42:20 EDT 2014

Hi
I'm curious how much time it took you to create this Story and whether
Storify now includes any tools that make it easier.

I created similar summaries for some of the #gamemooc webchats last year,
and putting the tweets into a logical order was quite a job.  I don't think
there was any way to add subheadings then, or at least I never found one.

Your story looks great! I had totally given up on Storify as an archiving
tool, but perhaps it's time I took another look. Thanks!

Jean Hewlett
Librarian, Santa Rosa Campus
University of San Francisco

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Oosman, Aalia <Aalia.Oosman at tandf.co.uk>
wrote:

>  Apologies for cross posting.
>

> Dear all,
>

> Happy Social Media Day!
>

> Coinciding with social media day (#smday), we thought you might be
> interested to learn more about our findings from our Twitter party on the
> use of social media in the library. We have created a ‘Story’  via Storify
> of our Twitter Party:
> https://storify.com/LibraryLantern/use-of-social-media-in-the-library#publicize
>

> Thank you to all those who joined us to share thoughts on:
>

> •         The challenges and opportunities social media presents to the
> library community
>

> •         Social media as a teaching tool - the role social media plays in
> information literacy
>

> •         User engagement & perception of using social media in the library
>

> •         Accessibility– how Social Networking Sites are being promoted in
> the library
>

> •         Measurability - the impact of social media
>

> There were lots of useful and practical tips on using social media in the
> library that were mentioned at the party that we have scheduled for release
> once every hour today on #smday via @librarylantern so we hope you find
> these helpful.
>

> We will  be consolidating our findings from the Twitter party, various
> focus groups and an online survey to inform our White Paper on the use of
> social media in the library. For more information about the White Paper,
> visit:
> http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/pdf/white-paper-social-media-in-the-library-best-practice.pdf
>

> If you are interested in getting involved with the research, we would love
> to hear from you.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Best wishes
>

> Aalia Oosman
>
> Communications Manager Library & Media Relations
>
> Taylor & Francis Group
>
> Email: aalia.oosman at tandf.co.uk
>
> www.tandfonline.com

> Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/