Open Educational Resources And Libraries Activities ?

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Mon Jan 20 17:09:15 EST 2014

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

I am the process of conducting a literature (and web) review of research / scholarship relating to Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Libraries for an updated and expanded version of my

presentation

 _Open Sesame: Strategies for Promoting Open Educational Resources for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)_

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2013/11/open-sesame-strategies-for-promoting.html

for an invited manuscript.

While I'll found a number of articles / blogs /  conferences / guides / presentations / reports / seminars  / webiinars / white papers / etc. on OERs in general, I have found relatively few relating to OERs and Libraries (except for blogs and guides) notably:

Creative Commons: Open Education, Open Access, and Librarians > January 22, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2013/12/free-webinar-creative-commons-open.html

Exploring the E-Resources for Educational Use

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2014/01/exploring-e-resources-for-educational.html

Finding Free and Open Access Resources: A Value-Added Service for Patrons

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2014/01/finding-free-and-open-access-resources.html

Libraries Lead the Way: Open Courses, Open Educational Resources, and Open Policies > October 2 2013 > 3:00 PM

Making Higher Education More Affordable, One Course Reading at a Time: Academic Libraries as Key Advocates for Open Access Textbooks and Educational Resources

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2014/01/making-higher-education-more-affordable.html

OER and Solving the Textbook Cost Crisis

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2014/01/oer-and-solving-textbook-cost-crisis.html

Open Education And Libraries

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2014/01/open-education-and-libraries.html

Open Educational Resources as Learning Materials: Prospects and Strategies for University Libraries

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2013/10/open-educational-resources-as-learning.html

The Roles of Libraries and Information Professionals In Open Educational Resources (OER) Initiatives

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-roles-of-libraries-and-information.html

SPARC-ACRL Forum June 29 at ALA Annual Conference 2013 > Understanding the Implications of Open Education: MOOCs and More

http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2013/04/sparc-acrl-forum-june-29-at-ala-annual.html

I am greatly interested in learning of any/all additional OERs & Libraries resources for consideration.

Thanks for your assistance !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
152 Parks Library
Ames IA 50011

"It's Not The Journey; It's The Detours."

http://ref-notes.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-not-journey-its-detours.html

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-01-20