Report of electronic resources accessed though EZ Proxy

Michelangelo M M Viana mviana at PUCRS.BR
Fri Jan 17 09:04:31 EST 2014

Dear friends,

My University would like to know if we can adopt EZ Proxy to generate accesses reports (native/customized) of electronic (web) resources, besides users authentication as web proxy.
What we need, in fact, is to know how many times each database (or vendor website, at least) was accessed during a given period, by a given category of user.
Eg:
Jan-Mar/2014 - Proquest - 3,500 accesses
Or:
Jan-Mar/2014 - Proquest - Teachers : 1,000 accesses
Jan-Mar/2014 - Proquest - Students: 2,500 accesses
Jan-Mar/2014 - Proquest ­Central - Students: 2,500 accesses
Or:
Jan-Mar/2014 - ACM Digital Library - Students: 2,500 accesses
Jan-Mar/2014 - Proquest Account & Tax - Teachers: 2,500 accesses

So, can we use EZ Proxy for that goal?
If you already use it to generate this kind of reports, can you share your experiences and screenshots of the reports?
We still knew MetriDoc (https://metridoc.library.upenn.edu/), but as we noted, it uses COUNTER reports, and we decided do not adopt it, considering that not all subscribed vendors/databases offers this type of reports.

Thanks in advance,
Michelângelo
Michelângelo Mazzardo Marques Viana | Setor de Suporte e Desenvolvimento
 Coordenador de Sistemas da Biblioteca Central | Bibliotecário CRB-10/1306
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul - PUCRS
Biblioteca Central Ir. José Otão | Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
(51) 3353.4371 | mviana at pucrs.br<mailto:mviana at pucrs.br> | http://www.pucrs.br/biblioteca

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-01-17