ER&L 2014 Travel Grants Announcements

Jill Emery jill.emery at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 14 02:22:33 EST 2014

The Electronic Resources and Libraries is pleased to announce the
continuation of two different travel awards supporting 4 attendees to this
year's 9th Annual ER&L Conference in Austin, TX March 16-19: 2014 *DLF/CLIR
+ ER&L Cross-Pollinator Travel Awards* and 2014 *Taylor & Francis/ ER&L
Student Travel Grants*

******2014 DLF/CLIR + ER&L Cross-Pollinator Travel Awards******

The Digital Library Federation <http://www.diglib.org/> (DLF), a program of
the Council on Library and Information Resources <http://www.clir.org/> (CLIR)
is pleased to support a travel grant for the Electronic Resources and
Libraries Conference <http://www.electroniclibrarian.org/> in Austin, March
16-19, 2014.

The purpose of this grant is to extend a unique opportunity to
attend ER&L to a library professional who would not typically come to the
Electronic Resources & Libraries Conference but who can identify a
connection with their work.  The goal of the DLF/CLIR +ER&L TRAVEL AWARD is
to bring a cross-pollinator –a library professional to ER&L who can provide
unique perspectives to our work and share a vision of the library world
from their perspective — to the conference. The travel grant includes a
conference registration, air travel costs, and housing in Austin.

*Application Requirements: *Applicants will be required to supply contact
information as well as to indicate to how access to the ER&L conference may
assist the applicant in achieving an expansion of their professional
horizons. It is important for the applicant to describe what he or she can
uniquely bring to the conference. The winning applicant must be able
to travel to Austin.

*Eligibility:*The applicant should be a practicing library professional
seeking more exposure on the trends in e-resources and digital services who
has not attended ER&L and is willing to share their perspective to
the ER&L community. The winning applicant will receive conference
registration, air travel costs, and housing up to $2200 per winner.

*Accepting Grant Applications** TODAY – Friday, February 14, 2014*

SUBMIT NOW: http://www.electroniclibrarian.com/presenters/crosspollinator

******2014 TAYLOR & FRANCIS/ ER&L STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT******

Taylor & Francis Group <http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/> and ER&L are
sponsoring travel grants for two students traveling to ER&L in Austin,
Texas. The travel grant includes conference registration, air travel costs,
and housing totaling $1500 per winner. “We are pleased to sponsor the
library and information science student travel grant award for the second
consecutive year to attend the 2014 ER&L Conference. Taylor & Francis Group
embraces librarianship, and we want library and information science
students to gain further awareness about the important trends and issues
which exist in the industry. ER&L opens up a forum for discussion on many
scholarly topics by publishers, vendors, and librarians alike. Our hope is
that the students awarded the grant will find the Conference to be
meaningful and relevant,” states Elyse Profera, Associate Library Marketing
Manager, Taylor & Francis Group, Philadelphia.

*From ER&L:* We are pleased to offer an opportunity for 2 students to
attend ER&L 2014 with support from the Taylor & Francis Group. The goal of
the ER&L Conference is to bring together information professionals from
libraries and related industries to improve the way we collect, manage,
maintain, and make accessible electronic resources in an ever-changing
online environment. We do this once a year at an in-person and virtual
conference. We encourage library students to join us at the Electronic
Resources and Libraries Conference in Austin, TX on March 16-19. Good luck,
students!

*Eligibility: *This grant is open to currently enrolled students wishing to
attend ER&L 2014. Student applicants will be required to supply contact
information as well as to answer a questions related to how access to ER&L
can assist the applicant in achieving professional and academic goals. US
and International applicants welcome!

*Accepting Grant Applications Now – January 28, 2014*

*SUBMIT NOW: *http://www.electroniclibrarian.com/presenters/tandfstudent
+++++
*REGISTER NOW*--
http://www.electroniclibrarian.com/conference-info/2014register

*VIEW ACCEPTED SESSIONS by Track -- *
http://www.electroniclibrarian.com/2014/erl14-sessions-by-track

*ER&L 2014 KEY DATES*
January 24 | Full Program w/ Presentations Times Available
Jan 28 | T&F Student Travel Award Application Deadline
Feb 14 | 2014 DLF/CLIR + ER&L Cross-Pollinator Travel Awards
Feb 20 | Regular Registration Closes
Mar 16-19 | ER&L 2014  in Austin, Texas or Online
March 19 | ER&L Workshops
Mar 20-21 | LTG Summit (Learn more: http://www.ltgsummit.org/)

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-01-14