Fwd: imo discontinuing support for all third-party messaging networks

Heintz, John P. JPHEINTZ at STTHOMAS.EDU
Fri Feb 28 20:35:09 EST 2014

Heads up for users of imo.im<http://imo.im>.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: imo discontinuing support for all third-party messaging networks
From: "imo.im" <noreply at imo.im>
To: "Heintz, John P." <JPHEINTZ at stthomas.edu>
CC:

[https://imo.im/graphics/email/imo-logo.png?t=yyLMlLGja7iVfWnk]
We originally launched imo as a browser based messaging service to manage all of your IM accounts. Since then we have also developed apps for Android<https://imo.im/s/redirect/play_store?t=yyLMlLGja7iVfWnk>, iPhone<https://imo.im/s/redirect/app_store?t=yyLMlLGja7iVfWnk>, iPad<https://imo.im/s/redirect/app_store_ipad?t=yyLMlLGja7iVfWnk> and Amazon<https://imo.im/s/redirect/amazon_store?t=yyLMlLGja7iVfWnk>.
To provide the best and most reliable service for our users, we need to focus on the areas we feel we can make the biggest impact. We are now going to concentrate on building out our own communications platform to help people easily connect in their everyday lives. Our goal is to create the fastest and most reliable messaging, voice and video call service in the world.
On March 3, 2014, we will start discontinuing support for all third-party instant messaging networks. We know change isn't always easy, but we hope our users will trust that this will make imo an even better service.
You will be able to download your chat history on o.imo.im<https://o.imo.im/> from third-party networks until March 7, 2014.
To download your history:
1. Visit o.imo.im<https://o.imo.im/>
2. Click the gear in the top right
3. Select Preferences
4. Select the Export chat history option
Thank you to all of our loyal users.
Download the imo app now!
[https://imo.im/graphics/email/app-store-white.png]<https://imo.im/s/redirect/app_store?t=yyLMlLGja7iVfWnk> [https://imo.im/graphics/email/play-store-white.png] <https://imo.im/s/redirect/play_store?t=yyLMlLGja7iVfWnk>  [https://imo.im/graphics/email/amazon-white.png] <https://imo.im/s/redirect/amazon_store?t=yyLMlLGja7iVfWnk>
This email was sent by imo.im
555 Bryant Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301.