Call for Proposals: Access Library Conference 2014

Paul Pival ppival at UCALGARY.CA
Thu Feb 27 14:52:17 EST 2014

Access is Canada's premier library technology conference bringing librarians, technicians, developers, programmers, and managers together to discuss cutting-edge library technologies. Access is a single stream conference featuring in-depth analyses, panel discussions, poster presentations, lightning talks, hackfest, and plenty of time for networking and social events.

Join us in Calgary, Alberta, September 29-October 2 for Access 2014!

Call for Proposals:
In the spirit of the 21st Access Conference, this year's theme is Growing in the 21st Century. We're well into the 21st Century. How have libraries adapted? What can we expect for the next 86 years? How can we develop our skills to plan for the future?

We're looking for proposals that consider:

*         Where we've come from, and how the plans of the past affect our present and future

*         Where we're going, considering current trends in future planning context

*         Buzz topics such as big data, linked open data, evidence-based practice, the semantic web, open access, and other emerging trends

*         Emerging tools and trends, and how to use them to build a new future for libraries

*         The 21st Century library in context and the dynamic of the library. How do libraries fit in a larger institutional or community context? How do technical and discovery services fit within the overall library dynamic? How are we shaping this context?
Formats:
Poster Presentations (NEW to Access 2014!):
All poster presenters will also have the option to give a 3-5 minute lightning talk.

Session Presentation:
You propose the format! You can put together a traditional presentation, a lightning talk, Pecha Kucha, demos, audience participation, a panel, or something totally different. The sky is the limit, so be creative! All format proposals will be considered. The length of your session should range from 5-45 minutes.
Any sessions longer than 15 minutes will be selected through double-blind peer-review.

Your proposal should include:

*         Name, Position, Affiliation (let us know if you're a student!)

*         Have you presented at Access before?

*         If your presentation is not accepted in its proposed format, would you be willing to present in an alternate format (e.g. poster presentation, co-present with someone else)?

*         Presentation format summary - a few sentences outlining format

*         A summary (1-2 paragraphs) on the content of your proposed session

To submit a proposal:
E-mail to accesslibcon at gmail.com by April 4, 2014.
Questions can be forwarded to accesslibcon at gmail.com, or via Twitter (@accesslibcon)
http://accessconference.ca/