ALCTS Webinar Series: Libraries and MOOCs > February 20014 > June 2014
McKiernan, Gerard [LIB]
gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sat Feb 8 18:24:19 EST 2014
*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***
Library Interest in MOOCs is Alive ...
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are sweeping the country and libraries and librarians are watching this development carefully. This series of four webinars will help librarians gain an understanding of the complexity of the MOOC movement, learn how to support students and faculty engaged with MOOCs, become familiar with the copyright and intellectual property requirements in relation to MOOCs, and hear what the future may hold for MOOCs.
* February 26, 2014. Dorothy Pawlowski will discuss opportunities for public libraries to promote lifelong learning by becoming meet-up destinations for MOOCs.
* March 26, 2014. Curtis L. Kendrick and Irene Gashurov will look at how librarians can shape the conversation about changes created by MOOCs.
* May 21, 2014. Rebecca Griffith will look at new research on opportunities and challenges associated with using third-party MOOCs in campus-based services.
* June 4, 2014. Sarah Bardac will look at the roles, opportunities, and pitfalls of MOOCs.
Who Should Attend?
Librarians, library administrators, and library educators interested in supporting and enhancing libraries’ preparation of and participation in MOOCs.
* Dorothy Pawlowski is Adult Services Librarian at the Ridgefield (Connecticut) Library
* Curtis L. Kendrick is University Dean for Libraries and Information Resources, and Irene Gashurov is communications writer for the Office of Library Services, City University of New York (CUNY).
* Rebecca Griffith leads the program in Online Learning for Ithaka S+R.
* Sarah Bordac is the Head of Instructional Design at Brown University
Dates & Time (2:00 PM - 3:00 PM) (ET)
Sessions will be held on Wednesdays:
February 26, 2014
March 26, 2014
May 21, 2014
June 4, 2014
Source, Fees, and Registration Links Available At:
[ http://moocsandlibraries.blogspot.com/2014/02/alcts-webinar-series-libraries-and-moocs.html ]
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
150 Parks Library
Ames IA 50011
OATs: Open Access Textbooks
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib