Take the survey of library use of QR Codes and Receive a Free Copy of the Report

Cary Gordon listuser at CHILLCO.COM
Wed Feb 5 11:36:10 EST 2014

If your URL is 300 characters long, or, like me, easily mixed up, you might consider using a URL shortener, be it a service (bit.ly, etc.) or something in-house. This is aside from the QR code question.

Cary

On Feb 4, 2014, at 2:26 PM, Thomas Dowling <dowlintp at WFU.EDU> wrote:

> "Can we just stop pretending that QR codes matter?"
>
> What if your URL is 300 characters long or easily mixed up?  What if your data isn't a URL, but a calendar event, a map location, or credentials for your library's wifi network?  How many users have to find it useful before it matters?
>

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Wilhelmina Randtke <randtke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we just stop pretending that QR codes matter?  If you need to give someone a URL, type out the URL.  If you need to give someone on-the-spot instructions, make a poster, or put a note on a book blank.  It's so much more likely that people will read a sign.
>
> -Wilhelmina Randtke
>

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 1:11 PM, James Moses <primarydat at aol.com> wrote:
> Primary Research Group Inc., (www.PrimaryResearch.com) publisher of research reports and surveys about libraries, is surveying library use of QR codes.  The international study is open to public, academic and special libraries of all nations. The study is only open to libraries that have already used QR codes, even if in a very minimal way. Survey participants receive a free copy of the final report generated from the survey data.  The institutional name of participants is listed but responses are aggregated or not attributed to particular respondents.  To take the survey follow the link below:
>
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LibraryUseofQR-Codes
>
> James Moses, Research Director
> Primary Research Group Inc.
> 2753 Broadway #156
> NY  NY   10025
> primarydat at gmail.com

> Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
>
> 2014-02-04

> Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
>
> 2014-02-04
>

> --
> Thomas Dowling
> Director of Technologies, Z. Smith Reynolds Library
> Wake Forest University
> dowlintp at wfu.edu / 336-758-5797
>
> Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
>
> 2014-02-04