Off Topic : The Health Hazards of Sitting

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sun Feb 2 18:03:50 EST 2014

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate  Posting ***

Colleagues/

IMHO: This is the most important health warning I've even read !!!

Please forward to colleagues / friends / family / etc. and post copies on all appropriate bulletin boards !!!

/Gerry

"We know sitting too much is bad, and most of us intuitively feel a little guilty after a long TV binge. But what exactly goes wrong in our bodies when we park ourselves for nearly eight hours per day, the average for a U.S. adult? Many things, say four experts, who detailed a chain of problems from head to toe."

 [ http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/national/the-health-hazards-of-sitting/750/ ]

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor