Questions: Usability test of discovery service

Kwong, Vincci vkwong at IUSB.EDU
Mon Dec 15 16:47:10 EST 2014

Hi,

We are a medium-size academic library, and we are looking into conducting a usability test of our discovery service. We are interested to find out if any libraries have conducted usability testing of their discovery service, and if your library did conduct usability testing, would you be willing to answer the following questions:

1.      What type of usability testing did your library conduct? Online survey, focus group? Both?

2.      What questions did you ask during your usability testing? Would you be willing to share your survey or focus group instrument?

3.      What incentive did you provide in order to effectively recruit survey participants or focus group subjects?

4.      Any advice you would like to share?

Thank you!

Vincci.
Vincci Kwong
Associate Librarian