For CONTENTdm Users: Upcoming Conference

Christine Peterson peterson at AMIGOS.ORG
Sat Dec 13 13:36:58 EST 2014

We are looking for more speakers for our February CONTENTdm online conference and extending our deadline to December 19th.  If you haven't had a chance to consider submitting a proposal, please do. The next two user group meetings are in Maryland and Minnesota; we'd like to provide something for everyone else. Help us by submitting a proposal!

If you are interested, but cannot submit by December 19th, email me at peterson at amigos.org<mailto:peterson at amigos.org>.

Using CONTENTdm: An Amigos Online Conference
Thursday, February 12, 2015

Amigos Library Services is currently looking for speakers<http://www.amigos.org/node/2919> for our February 12th online conference focusing on how libraries are using CONTENTdm.

We are happy to announce that Shane Huddleston, CONTENTdm Product Manager, is our keynote speaker. He promises an update on the software, details on the upcoming release, and a review of the roadmap.

We are looking for three different types of proposals:

1.      "How To" CONTENTdm Basics (45 minutes) - These sessions should focus on CONTENTdm users that are either new to the software or do not use it regularly. Presentations should be from users that are experienced in various areas of CONTENTdm. Examples include, but are not limited to:

*         How to import tab-delimited files using the Compound Object Wizard, the Directory Structure Method, or the Object List Method

*         Working with and adding controlled vocabularies

*         Setting up and maintaining Google Analytics

*         Best practices for configuring metadata fields

*         Adding finding aids to CONTENTdm

*         How to make the metadata templates work for you

2.      For advanced users (45 minutes) - In these sessions, presenters can share:

*         How you have dealt with unusual collections

*         Expanded CONTENTdm functionality

*         Worked around existing CONTENTdm functionality

*         How you have used the API

*         How you incorporated plug-ins or extensions

*         What you have learned that may help others

*         How you worked with custom scripts, CSS, or pages

*         Legalities of working with specific materials or collections

3.      Lightning Round (10 minutes) - These should be both practical and brief. Sessions can focus on:

*         A specific functionality

*         Tips or trick you have learned

*         "How to" ideas

*         Marketing suggestions

Your imagination is your only limitation.

Submit your proposals<http://www.amigos.org/node/2919> by Friday, December 19, 2014. If you are interested, but cannot provide a proposal by this time, contact Christine Peterson at peterson at amigos.org<mailto:peterson at amigos.org>.

If you are submitting a proposal for the Spring CONTENTdm Users Group Conference in Baltimore on March 19-20, please Do Not submit that proposal for this conference. If you can submit a proposal on a different topic, we are happy to consider it.

Online events eliminate your travel time by allowing you to present from the comfort of your home or office. Don't worry if you've never presented online, it's easy and we are happy to help you learn.

If you have any questions about the conference topic or about presenting at an online conference, please contact Christine Peterson at peterson at amigos.org<mailto:peterson at amigos.org> or 800-843-8482, ext. 2891.

Christine Peterson
E-book Program Manager
Continuing Education Librarian
Amigos Library Services
14400 Midway Road | Dallas, TX  75244-3905
800-843-8482 x 2891 |972-340-2891 (direct)
http://www.amigos.org<http://www.amigos.org/> | peterson at amigos.org<mailto:peterson at amigos.org>

[cid:image001.png at 01CF8B09.FDF19BF0]
Check out our member benefits<http://www.amigos.org/benefits>

[fb]<https://www.facebook.com/AmigosLibraryServices> [rss] <http://www.amigos.org/taxonomy/term/4/0/feed>  [linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christine-peterson-amigos/0/649/1a4>