Oakland Public Library soliciting proposals for a library web/software project

Hersh, Daniel DHersh at OAKLANDLIBRARY.ORG
Wed Dec 10 15:00:38 EST 2014

[cross-posted to WEB4LIB and CODE4LIB]

Please see below.  If you know of any eligible developers who might be
interested in this project, feel free to forward this message to them or
to send me their contact information.  I have already sent this message
to the firms that I know about that offer online summer reading
products.

Oakland Public Library, which is a department of the City of Oakland,
California, is accepting proposals from contractors to develop, host,
maintain and provide support for an online web service that will allow
libraries to track library "programs" where library patrons (aka
customers or users) perform measurable or countable activities and
receive rewards or incentives in return.  This service would include
summer reading functionality but would be broader and more flexible for
the customer than existing summer reading products.  The proposal
submittal deadline is Monday, January 6, 2015.

To be eligible for consideration, a contractor must have previously
successfully developed, hosted and maintained web-based software
services that have been used by public libraries.

More information about the project is available at
http://oaklandlibrary.org/sites/default/files/documentlibrary/PlayatYour
LibraryRFPexcerpts.pdf, and the full Request for Proposal is at
http://oaklandlibrary.org/sites/default/files/documentlibrary/PlayatYour
LibraryRFP.pdf .  For questions, please contact me, preferably via
e-mail.

Thanks,

Daniel Hersh

Supervising Librarian for Support Services
dhersh at oaklandlibrary.org
(510) 238-3270
Oakland Public Library - delight inspire inform

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-12-10