Online Northwest Registration is open, get the early bird rate today!

Loree Hyde hydel at OHSU.EDU
Mon Dec 8 19:58:03 EST 2014

The 2015 Online Northwest conference will be held on Friday, February 13th, at the CH2M Hill Alumni Center on the Oregon State University campus, Corvallis, Oregon, from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.

REGISTER ONLINE<https://conferences.bus.oregonstate.edu/Conference/onw/registration>

Registration rates and deadlines for Online Northwest 2015 are as follows:

*         Early bird registration $100 (ends January 9, 2015)

*         Regular registration $130

*         Onsite registration $150

Scholarships

This year we will offer four scholarships to cover the cost of registration of attending Online Northwest. Committee members will evaluate all applications with preference for applicants demonstrating financial need and significant benefit from attending the conference. Additional weight will be given to first-time attendees.  The deadline to submit scholarship applications for Online Northwest 2015 is December 18, 2014. All applicants will be notified in early January 2015, before the deadline for early bird registration.

Submit your application for a scholarship to Online Northwest 2015<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12bwQG2W1ulxMDGlbamCJZ7YvzkBjEuDnud0K_i-zBj0/viewform>

Online Northwest is a conference addressing issues at the intersection of libraries, technology and culture. This year we have an exciting program that includes presentations and workshops on digital inclusion, wearable tech, library as publisher, code playgrounds, digital assets management, data visualization and more. View the conference program at: http://onlinenorthwest.org/2015-program/

Mita Williams<http://leddy.uwindsor.ca/staff/mita-williams>, User Experience Librarian at the University of Windsor, will start off the day with her keynote presentation: Teach for America. Code for America. Librarianing for America.
[http://static.squarespace.com/static/51ae5182e4b0fc43216bdfdd/t/546d3e34e4b0b9855c7c3e5d/1416445746786/?format=300w]

The motto for Code for America is "a new kind of public service".  The motto of CrisisCommons is "we help connect people to help those in need".

This talk is not going to dwell on the matter that librarians lack a good word - much less an official motto - to describe the work we do.  Instead, a case will be made for a new program to be designed to get more librarians working within more organizations in more communities.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-12-08