Please vote for library panels at SXSW!

Carson Block librarylandtech at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 21 10:11:38 EDT 2014

**Apologies for cross-posting**

Have you heard about the library involvement at South by Southwest (SXSW)
conference? It’s exploding with direct involvement from organizations like
PLA, ALA. TxLA,, DPLA, the #ideadrophouse (and more) as well as partner
organizations (such as EveryLibrary and my company) and vendors such as
Proquest, III, Mobile Beacon and others) – but the most important
involvement comes from each of us in the library community!

Libraries *are* players in the digital age. We go to SXSW to share with and
learn from other players. When you vote for these panels, you help us
spread the good word about libraries at the conference and help us bring
back powerful things into the library community year-round.

To see the library panels for this year (and to vote!) please follow this
link!

http://bit.ly/1kRrk10

Not sure what this is all about?  If you want to know more about #sxswLAM,
(our core group that help organize and propel this juggernaut) please see
these slides from our presentation at the 2014 ALA conference (and we’ll be
at several more over the coming months):

http://www.slideshare.net/CarsonBlockConsultingInc/sxsw-alapresentation

And finally – if you have an interest in getting involved, please get in
touch with me directly.   The group is welcoming and warm and full of smart
people who are passionate about libraries.  If that describes you, what are
you waiting for?

Thanks!

Carson

--
*Carson Block Consulting Inc.*
*Technology Vision.  Technology Power.  Your Library.*

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-08-21