Update: Preserving PDF identify, validate, repair 1-2 September, Hamburg

Rebecca McGuinness rebecca at OPENPLANETSFOUNDATION.ORG
Wed Aug 13 02:56:03 EDT 2014

*Preserving PDF: identify, validate, repair*

*Registration*
There's just under one week left to register for our next event 'Preserving
PDF: identify, validate, repair, which takes place on 1-2 September at the
German National Library of Economics in Hamburg. To register visit:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/preserving-pdf-identify-validate-repair-registration-12203790867
.

*Test data and tools*
We've put together some information about the tools and test data sets that
we will be using at the event, and some links to pre-reading materials to
help participants prepare for the event. Take a look at our latest blog
post to find out more:
http://openplanetsfoundation.org/blogs/2014-08-12-coming-preserving-pdf-identify-validate-repair-hamburg
.

*Why attend?  *

   - Learn about PDF and PDF/A standards
   - Document and prioritise known preservation problems with PDF files
   - Assess state of the art identification and validation tools
   - Test the tools on sample files and compare the results
   - Define organisational requirements and policies for conformance
   - Identify requirements for future development work (road-mapping)
   - Help improve current PDF tools (hacking)

*More information*
To see the full event overview and agenda, please visit the event wiki
page:
http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/KB/2014-09-01+Preserving+PDF+-+identify,+validate,+repair.
Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions about the event.

We hope to see you in Hamburg!

Kind Regards,
Rebecca

--