Summon search

Cabus, Michael CabusM at PHILAU.EDU
Tue Aug 5 20:24:37 EDT 2014

Hi Sarah,
  Thanks so much...this is a good idea...

I was using their search widget builder, but I start to realize the code it generates is a bit wonky.

Michael
________________________________
From: Web technologies in libraries [WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] on behalf of Sarah Park [gpark at SIUE.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:09 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Summon search

Michael,

If you want to create a tabbed search box for various “type” searches, it would be easier to create your own tabbed search boxe using direct URL search statements, something like

http://philau.summon.serialssolutions.com/?#!/search?ho=t&q=keyword&l=en
for any

http://philau.summon.serialssolutions.com/?#!/search?fvf=ContentType,Journal%20Article,f&q=keyword
for journal articles only

http://philau.summon.serialssolutions.com/?#!/search?ho=t&fvf=ContentType,Book%20%2F%20eBook,f&q=keyword&l=en
for Books/eBooks

Unless you want to develop your own search interface using Summon API. You can get most of summon searches done through search statements like that, and SerialsSolutions has pretty good documentations for tweaks.

Sarah