Bandwidth control in libraries

Mutch, Andrew AMutch at TWP.WATERFORD.MI.US
Tue Aug 5 15:26:17 EDT 2014

Carol,

M0n0wall is compatible with Gigabit Ethernet cards although there can be
hardware limitations related to that that are spelled out here:

http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-sizing.html

Like PfSense (which was forked from the M0n0wall project), you can run
M0n0wall on lower-end PCs although we run ours on a Dell Optiplex 755.

What are these libraries using currently to manage their wireless
connections?

On the throughput question - unless a library has a Gigabit connection
out to the Internet, the total throughput allowed by that connection is
going to be the ultimate throttle on how much data you can push through
that pipe.

Andrew