Email 2 Step Authentication - No Mobile Phone Issue

Elaine Anderson eanderson at PELHAMLIBRARY.ON.CA
Fri Apr 25 12:59:00 EDT 2014

We have had a patron with the same problem but at some point Outlook/Hotmail
allowed us to put in an alternate email address instead which he already had
set up. A verification code was supposedly sent to one of those addresses.
When it didn't come into his Gmail account, we sent another request to his
Yahoo account. He got into Outlook with the access code. However, I think
when he tried to log into Outlook again, he was asked for a cell number. I
wasn't in front of the computer when he was trying this, so I'm not sure
exactly what happened but he couldn't access his account.

Does Gmail require a cell phone number for all new accounts?

If anyone has a solution, I'd be interested in hearing what people have done
to work around the problem.

Thanks,

Elaine

Elaine Anderson