Metaliteracy MOOC

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Wed Apr 16 17:55:55 EDT 2014

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

New To Me ...

/Gerry

Metaliteracy MOOC

This Metaliteracy MOOC explores the metaliteracy model originally developed by Tom Mackey and Trudi Jacobson in Reframing Information Literacy as a Metaliteracy. This open learning experience turns theory into practice by exploring emerging technologies to collectively create and distribute information in an open participatory environment. We will interact with global participants and continuously reflect on our learning in this environment. This MOOC has been developed for course sharing between the University at Albany and Empire State College, at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and to engage with participants globally. It is also available to use in any way you find helpful or supportive in your own teaching, research, and/or learning journey. This is an open and flexible space that situates participants at the center of all learning activities. We hope to provide a meta perspective on the process of teaching and learning with the connectivist MOOC format.

[more]

Source Available At;

http://moocsandlibraries.blogspot.com/2014/04/metaliteracy-mooc.html

/Gerry