2014 Charleston Conference: Call for Papers Now Open
Gilson, Thomas V
GilsonT at COFC.EDU
Tue Apr 15 18:21:27 EDT 2014
PLEASE EXCUSE CROSS POSTINGS.
The Charleston Conference is pleased to announce that our 2014 Call for Papers and Call for Preconferences forms are now open. The 2014 Charleston Conference (www.katina.info/conference<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://www.katina.info/conference&k=xJ26TAwb97wzIimyhzPQ1w%3D%3D%0A&r=JIvzUstuoiFy53r765MLsQ%3D%3D%0A&m=aj7hnQCdzMjmRr2cUT9UjZyFfgU%2BvCgglkf0bD7KZMg%3D%0A&s=a11dc5160e0d737401b246a36540da4ea7aadb143fc220df4eef436799bf8f53>) will be held November 5-8 in beautiful historic downtown Charleston, SC. The 34th annual conference on Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition will have the theme "The Importance of Being Earnest."
The Call for Preconferences form is online at http://www.katina.info/conference/participate/call-preconferences/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://www.katina.info/conference/participate/call-preconferences/&k=xJ26TAwb97wzIimyhzPQ1w%3D%3D%0A&r=JIvzUstuoiFy53r765MLsQ%3D%3D%0A&m=aj7hnQCdzMjmRr2cUT9UjZyFfgU%2BvCgglkf0bD7KZMg%3D%0A&s=4fa57431a0dc0d33f0f3cfcbc7fd0bfe10f93c228202e84012eb552fe98130a9>. The deadline to receive proposals for preconference sessions is April 30, 2014. All preconferences will be held on Wednesday, November 5.
The Call for Papers form is online at http://www.katina.info/conference/participate/call-for-papers/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://www.katina.info/conference/participate/call-for-papers/&k=xJ26TAwb97wzIimyhzPQ1w%3D%3D%0A&r=JIvzUstuoiFy53r765MLsQ%3D%3D%0A&m=aj7hnQCdzMjmRr2cUT9UjZyFfgU%2BvCgglkf0bD7KZMg%3D%0A&s=d8e7e081aff781acbe70844233ae096959e4d9367aabcc205803c5a17e135f76>. The deadline to receive session proposals is June 18, 2014. We are looking for proposals on any topic relating to collection development and acquisitions, but especially those that tie into our theme, "The Importance of Being Earnest." The main conference will be held from Thursday, November 6, through Saturday, November 8, and we are seeking proposals for the following sessions:
* Lively (Lunchtime) Discussions: 75 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, focused on audience interaction and discussion. Power Points are discouraged. Bringing your own lunch is optional for attendees.
* Concurrent Sessions: 45 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, standard presentation with 5-10 minutes for Q&A..
* Innovation Sessions: 30 minute sessions on Saturday, focused on new technology, innovations, etc.
* Poster Sessions: 60 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, 6 ft. table and chairs provided. You are responsible for bringing your own poster and display board appropriate for table top display.
* Shotgun Sessions: 6 minute, 40 second PowerPoint presentations of 20 slides at 20 seconds each. A group of topically related Shotgun Sessions will be grouped together in a single concurrent session time slot.
Please contact Leah Hinds with any questions at leah at katina.info<mailto:leah at katina.info>. We look forward to seeing you in Charleston this November!
The Charleston Conference Team
Associate Editor, Against the Grain
Head of Reference, Emeritus
College of Charleston,
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib