Open Access Advocacy By Students Libguide and/or Bibliography ?

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sat Sep 21 20:15:13 EDT 2013

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate ***

Colleagues/

Are you aware of a _Bibliography_ or _Libguide_ that documents the activities and/or literature of *Students*engaged in any of the variety of Open Resources Initiatives (ORIs) (e.g., OA journals, Open Textbooks, Open Data, etc.) ?

I've conducted an expensive and intensive Google search and literature search  (ERiC, Library Literature & Information Science Full Text (H.W. Wilson) ; and Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts) and while I find individual initiatives, I have not identified a bibliography or LibGuide ?

I am *NOT* interested in bibliographies and/or Libguides on Open Access initiatives per se, only those that focus on student leadership or promotion.

BTW: While  I've not conducted a systematic review of *libraries" that promote ORIs, notably Open Access journals, I am interested in  bibliographies and/or LibGuides that document these activities and/or associated literature ;  I am not currently interested inidividual library (or other organizational)i initiatives.

As time permits, I will posting the several dozens items about student initiatives that I've identified in my _Student Library Advocacy_ blog at

[ http://studentlibraryambassadors.blogspot.com/ ]

Thanks for your assistance !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

"It's Not The Journey; It's The Detours."

http://ref-notes.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-not-journey-its-detours.html

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-09-21