Reminder: Invitation to participate in research on Web 2.0/social media in archives and libraries

Vanessa King Vanessa.King at VUW.AC.NZ
Thu Sep 19 04:03:55 EDT 2013

[Apologies for cross-posting]
Dear list subscribers

Thank you to everyone who has completed our survey so far. We’ve received some very useful and insightful data on current decision-making and practices underpinning the implementation or non-adoption of Web 2.0/social media in libraries and archives.

If you haven’t yet participated and you work in an organisation that has implemented Web 2.0/social media, or explored but decided against adopting such technology, we’d love to hear from you. We would be very grateful for input to our survey from the individual who holds the main responsibility for overseeing the social media platform or Web 2.0 project(s) in your organisation.

If you’ve begun a response and haven’t submitted it yet you can return to it through the survey link, as long as you access it from the same IP address.

The survey will remain open until Friday 27 September 2013. The estimated amount of time needed to complete the survey is 15-30 minutes (the amount of time may vary depending upon your response to some questions).

Please click this link to begin the survey:
http://vuw.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0JnvkxI7fHeu5dr

Further information:

My name is Chern Li Liew and I am a Senior Lecturer in the School of Information Management (SIM) at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. I am conducting a survey research in partnership with my colleague Dr Gillian Oliver, also a Senior Lecturer in SIM.  This research has been approved by the Victoria University of Wellington, School of Information Management Human Ethics Committee.

This project explores current decision-making and practices underpinning the implementation or non-adoption of Web 2.0/ social media in libraries and archives.  An anticipated outcome of this study is the development of a snapshot of key strategic issues and concerns faced by those involved in the planning, development, management and maintenance of digital cultural heritage.  Our overall aim is to highlight issues, critical (success) factors and challenges identified, to offer suggestions for the way forward and to invite further discussion.

The following people are involved in this research:

Dr Chern Li Liew (Principal investigator) ChernLi.Liew at vuw.ac.nz
Dr Gillian Oliver (Associate investigator) Gillian.Oliver at vuw.ac.nz
Vanessa King (Research Assistant) Vanessa.King at vuw.ac.nz

If you have any questions or would like to receive further information about the project, please contact ChernLi.Liew at vuw.ac.nz (Principal investigator).

If you would like to receive a summary of the key findings at the conclusion of this research, please email Vanessa.King at vuw.ac.nz (Research Assistant).

Thank you for your consideration.  It is very much appreciated.

Yours faithfully

Dr Chern Li Liew
Dr Gillian Oliver

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/