What do you use to limit public access to your Win7 PCs? [x-post from code4lib]

Olson, Jennifer Jolson at HARTFORD.EDU
Thu Sep 5 17:03:04 EDT 2013

6:30 will probably be better.  I'm hoping to leave by 5:30 but it's so insane here I can't be sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Josh Wacholz
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:42 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] What do you use to limit public access to your Win7 PCs? [x-post from code4lib]

We use Pharos to manage login times and printing.  And we use group policy and Public Web Browser (www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com) to lock down the machines and use Deep Freeze to wipe any changes made to the hard drive after the patron logs off.

Josh
Rochester Public Library
Rochester, MN

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/