Knowledge Management Platform with Alfresco as a basic DMS - Open Solutions

praveenkumar veeramalla praveenkumarveeramalla at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 29 03:55:56 EDT 2013

Greetings Folks,

Hope you are doing well! If you are using Alfresco in your organization, what kind of open/free CMS you have integrated with it to make the knowledge management solution? If you have used Alfresco alone as a KM platform, can you share your experiences/success stories of it and the kind of customizations/features you made use of it?

Basic KM requirements may contain following functionalities- "document sharing-internal & external, reviews/workflows, content aggregation, syndication, social networking among KM platform users, wikis, forums, blogs, communities, polls, my space/my contributions, survey, event calendars, newsletters, tasks management, configuration management, forms functionality, tracker functionality, dashboards etc."

You may be using following combination of DMS and CMS. Please share the reasons why you have gone for that CMS combination if you can!

·     Alfresco-Drupal
·     Alfresco-SharePoint Services
·     Alfresco-Liferay
·     Alfresco-Joomla
·     Alfresco-XYZ CMS etc.
If you are not using the Alfresco but have past experience of using it, please feel free to share your experiences. If you feel some low cost CMS can be integrated, share your success stories. Thanks in advance!

Regards
Praveen Veeramalla

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-10-29