UPDATED TIME for Free Broadcast of Select Charleston Conference Sessions

Gilson, Thomas V GilsonT at COFC.EDU
Mon Oct 28 12:13:57 EDT 2013

For the first time ever, the Charleston Conference is excited to make available a select group of our 2013 sessions as a live broadcast online via UStream.  There are no passwords or registrations required.  All videos will also be archived and made available on our website after the conference is over, and we will send another announcement when they are posted.

Please note the time change for the morning preconference session HOT TOPICS in Legal and Licensing Issues, below.  We are only broadcasting a portion of the session instead of the entire three-hour workshop.  An edited version of the session in its entirety will be posted on the conference website after the conference is over.

The presentations will be openly available to view at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/charleston-conference at the following times (all times listed are Eastern):

Wednesday, November 6

9:00 - 10:00 AM
A portion of the morning preconference
HOT TOPICS in Legal and Licensing Issues: Emerging Controversies and Solutions<http://2013charlestonconference.sched.org/event/298c98ad9b6cdc39fcf5a4af2f597775#.Ul2f9VCI38k>

Speaker: Judy Ruttenberg, Association of Research Libraries.

Thursday, November 7

9:00 - 9:45 AM
Discovery or Displacement? A Large Scale Longitudinal Study of the Effect of Discovery Systems on Online Journal Usage<http://2013charlestonconference.sched.org/event/303dfa600e13ba7c339e2461f127a667#.Ul2rL1CI38k>

Speakers: Michael Levine-Clark, University of Denver; Jason Price, SCELC; John McDonald, University of Southern California

12:45 - 2:00 PM
I Hear the Train A Comin' - LIVE<http://2013charlestonconference.sched.org/event/e65f6a96e088f6cd6b1429fe5041f158#.Ul2rwVCI38k>
Speakers: Greg Tananbaum (Moderator), ScholarNext Consulting; William Gunn, Mendeley; Lorraine Haricombe, University of Kansas

Friday, November 9

8:45 - 10:00 am
What Provosts Want Librarians to Know<http://2013charlestonconference.sched.org/event/89459e60cdfb2226a2c591941f727869#.Ul2tI1CI38k>

Speakers: James J. O'Donnell (Moderator), Georgetown University; Beth Paul, Stetson University; Jeanine Stewart, McDaniel College; John Vaughn, Association of American Universities

Tom Gilson
Associate Editor, Against the Grain
Head of Reference Emeritus
Addlestone Library