take pressure off proxy server?

Kelly Zhu zhu.kelly at YMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 16 11:07:00 EDT 2013

Who provided 400 error pages, the proxy or the resource site?  - Kelly

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:31 AM, Amy Lynn Fry <afry at BGSU.EDU> wrote:

Hi!

I am brand new to Web4Lib.

We currently use WAM proxy. Every semester, during our busiest times, our proxy server tends to get overloaded, and, as a result, people cannot access resources. They either don’t load, or users get a 402 or a 403 error.

Is there a way we could set up our resources to take pressure off our proxy server? (without having two links in every record)

We are investigating moving to EZProxy, and I’m really, really hoping we will do that next year, but I’d like to be able to offer our patrons a more reliable experience using our resources NOW. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Amy

Amy Fry
Electronic Resources Coordinator