Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Thu Oct 3 19:48:04 EDT 2013

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

Speaking of OER >

IMHO: A Site/Initiative That I Believe We Should ALL Should Know About !!!

/Gerry

Welcome to the Consortium

Our mission is expanding access to education by promoting awareness and adoption of Open Educational Resources (OER).  Over 200 colleges have joined the consortium and many more participate in our activities and use the resources posted here.  We invite you to join the Community Colleges at the OpenCourseWare Consortium.

Fall 2013 Webinar Series Starts Oct 2nd!

Libraries leading the way; open textbook large scale projects; fostering open policies; and a community college state system goes open are all in store for you at the CCCOER fall webinar series.  Please join us.

Find OER

Use the links below to  find open textbooks and open courseware for community college courses:

  *   Browse 750+ Open Textbooks by SubjectBrowse
  *   41 Highest Enrolled Courses from the Open Course LibraryFind
  *   150+ peer and accessibility reviews of open textbooks at College Open Textbooks

Learning with Computer Learn about OER

Attend our monthly educational outreach webinars featuring faculty who are engaged in open educational resource development and re-use.  Click on the Webinars 2012 Archives for to view the recordings.

World Globe Who is using OER?

Many colleges promote the use of OER on their campuses by providing information and networking on their websites.    If you would like your college website added, please contact us.

Share Create Explore  Share and Adopt OER

Check out the Campus Promo Kit for help in promoting the use of OER on your campus and to provide training and tutorials for faculty on best practices for adoption and sharing of OER.

Join Our Advisory Group

Participate in in our advisory group which meets monthly online to plan activities for promoting open policies and share best practices.

Source and Links Available Via:

[ http://open-resources-librarian.blogspot.com/2013/10/community-college-consortium-for-open.html ]

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
152 Parks Library
Ames IA 50011

"It's Not The Journey; It's The Detours."

http://ref-notes.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-not-journey-its-detours.html

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-10-03