edevice training

Pat Rapp pat.rapp at FAIRPORTLIBRARY.ORG
Tue Nov 26 14:52:05 EST 2013

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for some input, as I will be training our librarians (public library) to use a variety of mobile devices: ipads, androids, surface, kindle, nook.  Our focus has always been ensuring that librarians can help patrons download ebooks. With the holidays coming up and the pool of devices continuing to grow, we hope to be able to get staff ready to help people who walk into the library with their brand new devices - setting up the device, connecting to a wireless network, email. Many of our patrons are complete edevice newbies, and while each of our librarians is comfortable with a particular device, we need an across-the-board comfort level.
Does anyone have experience with this? Any resources you'd be willing to share, such as checklists of "must know" features? I plan to spend some of the holiday weekend on youtube, bookmarking helpful videos. Any other suggestions are gratefully appreciated.
Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Pat Rapp

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-11-26