A/V Now Available > Classification and Visualization: Interfaces to Knowledge > International UDC Seminar, 24-25 October 2013, The Hague, The Netherlands

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Tue Nov 26 12:32:34 EST 2013

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

A/V Now Available >  Classification and visualization: Interfaces to knowledge: proceedings of the International UDC Seminar, 24-25 October 2013, The Hague, The Netherlands. Edited by Aida Slavic, Almila Akdag Salah & Sylvie Davies. Würzburg: Ergon Verlag, 2013.

/Gerry

Table of Contents

Preface

W. Boyd Rayward

>From the index card to the World City: knowledge organization and  visualization in the work and ideas of Paul Otlet

1. Challenges in visualization of knowledge

  *   Scott B. Weingart / From trees to webs: uprooting knowledge through visualization
  *   Charles van den Heuvel; Richard Smiraglia / Visualizing knowledge interaction in the multiverse of knowledge
  *   Xia Lin; Jae-wook Ahn / Challenges of knowledge structure visualization

2. Categorisation for retrieval, exploration and learning

  *   Lev Manovich /  Looking at one million images: how visualization of big cultural data
  *   helps us to unlearn our cultural categories
  *   Kathryn La Barre / Sempre avanti? Some reflections on faceted interfaces
  *   Nathalie Pinède; Véronique Lespinet-Najib / How can users get the gist of a taxonomy using tag clouds?

3. Classification, interfaces and information architecture

  *   Luca Rosati / How to design interfaces for choice: Hick-Hyman law and classification for information architecture
  *   Andrea Resmini Ghost in the shell: navigation, meaning and place-making
  *   in information space

4. Visualization and navigation of knowledge structures

  *   Bin Yang; Jean-Gabriel Ganascia / Memory Islands: an approach to cartographic visualization
  *   Daniel Hienert; Dennis Wegener; Siegfried Schomisch / Exploring semantically-related concepts from  Wikipedia: the case of SeRE  Dario Rodighiero; Giorgio De Michelis
  *   The Homer’s list or How classifications can be displayed on tablets

5. Indexing languages, relationships and visualization

  *   Rebecca Green; Diane Vizine-Goetz; Marcia Lei Zeng, Maja Žumer / From modelling to visualization of topic relationships in classification schemes
  *   Wei Fan; Shuqing Bu; Qing Zou / Semantic visualization for subject authority data of  Chinese Classified Thesaurus
  *   Špela Razpotnik; Alenka Šauperl / Enhancing user browsing success through visualization of indexing terms

6. Visualization in collection searching and browsing

  *   Claudio Gnoli; Alberto Cheti / Sorting documents by base theme with synthetic classification: the double query method
  *   Fabrice Papy / Classification and visualization: augmenting user independence and enhancing collections use
  *   Marcel Worring / Easy categorisation of large image collections by automatic analysis and information visualization

7. Visualizing analytics of classification and collection metadata

  *   Matthew Battles; Yanni Loukissas / Data artefacts: tracking knowledge-ordering conflicts through visualization
  *   Richard Smiraglia; Andrea Scharnhorst; Almila Akdag Salah, Cheng Gao / UDC in action

Posters - Short papers

  *   Veslava Osinska; Joanna Dreszer-Drogorob; Grzegorz Osinski; Michal Gawarkiewicz / Cognitive approach in classification visualization: end-user study
  *   Nuno Freire / Visualization and navigation of knowledge in pan-European
  *   resources: the case of The European Library

Source and A/V Links and Purchase Link Available At:

[ http://sensory-information-navigation.blogspot.com/2013/11/av-now-available-classification-and.html ]

BTW-1: Looking Forward to Revisiting InFoViz > See My "Regarding The-3-Click-Dilemma" >

[ http://sensory-information-navigation.blogspot.com/2013/08/regarding-3-click-dilemma.html ]

BTW-2: IMHO > A Great Collection

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-e3_31sdM ]

Enjoy !

Happy Thanksgiving !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
152 Parks Library
Ames IA 50011

"It's Not The Journey; It's The Detours."

 http://ref-notes.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-not-journey-its-detours.html

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-11-26