We Cannot See Them, But They Are There: Marketing Library Services for Distance Learners.

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Fri Nov 22 21:20:02 EST 2013

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

FYI >

/Gerry

Abstract

Distance learners are a unique target-population for the marketing of library services and resources. Because these patrons do not visit the library often, if at all, it is crucial to actively promote the library resources and services available to them. Marketing strategies for distance learning library services need to take a multifaceted approach to reach distance learners in as many ways as possible, and collaboration with various groups and departments on campus is an important part of the process. Promotion of distance library services can take advantage of high-tech options, but it should also work in the realm of “traditional” publicity as well.

Cite:

Dermody, Melinda We Cannot See Them, but They Are There: Marketing Library Services for Distance Learners. Journal of Library & Information Services In Distance Learning, v2 n1 p41-50 2005.

Source and Full Text Available Via

[ http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J192v02n01_04#.UpAFxNJwqSo ]

Note: No Known Open Access Available
/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
152 Parks Library\
Ames IA 50011

"It's Not The Journey; It's The Detours."

 http://ref-notes.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-not-journey-its-detours.html

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-11-22