Opportunities for Presentation(s) ?

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Tue Nov 12 19:14:45 EST 2013

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

I am currently working on my 2014 work plan and am I interested learning of any / all opportunities to present on any one (or other topics of which I am knowledgeable) in any / all venues (conferences, seminars, webinars, etc.) that would host/sponsor:

Current Obsessions

> MOOCs and Libraries

MOOCs and Libraries is devoted to documenting librarian and library involvement in Massive Open Online Courses

http://moocsandlibraries.blogspot.com/

> Open Access Textbooks

The OATs Libguide provides access to descriptions and links to known initiatives and organizations that support the development and promotion of Open Access textbooks, and to OA and low-cost e-books and textbook catalogs and databases.

http://instr.iastate.libguides.com/oats

http://moocsandlibraries.blogspot.com/2013/06/strategies-for-promoting-open.html

> Promo Code: Strategies for Promoting Library Resources and Services To Distant Learners

Promo Code is devoted to documenting initiatives, projects, and research relating the variety of effective strategies for promoting library resources and services to distant learners

http://librarypromocode.blogspot.com/

> Student Library Advocacy

The Student Library Advocacy blog is devoted to documenting initiatives in which students are directly or indirectly involved in promoting library collections, events, services, etc. to fellow students, as well as to faculty, and/or staff.

http://studentlibraryambassadors.blogspot.com/

Past Obsessions

> DT > Digital Textbooks

DT Is Devoted To Documenting Significant Initiatives That Relate To Any And All Aspects Of Digital Textbooks, Most Notably Their Use In Higher Education

http://digital-textbooks.blogspot.com/

I will also consider presentations on other obsessions:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490

I am available to present from May 1 2014 to mid-August 2014, but can also make arrangements before and after this period.

I'd also be interested in relevant venues to which I can submit relevant presentation proposals.

BTW: I am interested in U.S. as well as non-U.S. venues.

Thanks for considering and for your assistance !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
152 Parks Library
Ames IA 50011

"It's Not The Journey; It's The Detours."

 http://ref-notes.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-not-journey-its-detours.html

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-11-12