Post-Tenure Review Social Media Sites ?

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Mon Nov 4 20:27:31 EST 2013

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

Are you aware of any social media sites (e.g. blogs, listservs, social networking venues, etc.) that address the post-tenure review (PTR) process?

Note:  "Post-tenure review understood as a system of periodic, comprehensive evaluation of tenured faculty that goes beyond traditional forms of evaluation ... ."

[ http://www.aaup.org/issues/post-tenure-review ]

BTW: I am particularly interested in discussion relating to librarian PTR.

Note: Policies relating to continuing appointment are also of interest .

BTW-1: I've begun a review of PTR policies of major US universities and their associated libraries.

Stay tuned for the results of my cursory observations ... .

BTW-2: I am also interested in non-US practices with regard to librarian and non-librarian PTR.

Thanks !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
152 Parks Library
Ames IA 50011

"It's Not The Journey; It's The Detours."

http://ref-notes.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-not-journey-its-detours.html

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-11-04