Sharepoint books?

Mitchell, Michael Michael.Mitchell at BRAZOSPORT.EDU
Wed May 29 15:33:39 EDT 2013

I don't have any resource suggestions but we use Sharepoint campus-wide here. I can tell you that the only people here that like it, particularly for building Web pages, are the ones that selected it for our use. I've been building Web pages for years now and I've never encountered a more clumsy, obstinate, and poorly designed program than Sharepoint for Web work. I only have limited access to all the admin functions so that may make a difference but the IT Web admin can't get certain scripts to stay saved in Web parts either. We think we've got something saved and poof it's gone. Or poof there is something new on the page that we didn't intend to add. Bad juju.

Michael Mitchell
Technical Services Librarian
Brazosport College
Lake Jackson, TX
Michael.mitchell at brazosport.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Drew, Wilfred E CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RIOIL
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:02 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Sharepoint books?

I am looking for books on Sharepoint that are not about setting up the
sharepoint server but about creating content such setting up a website.  I
am experimenting with sharepoint to possibly replace or at least supplement
our current intranet site.  I have a blog going for news that is working
well.  Our sharepoint is behind the USAF firewalls and is essentially a
intranet.  Any suggestions?  I have created a webparts page but do not see
how to get it to act more like a regular webpage.  When I click on the page
to display it, it shows all of the web part names. I do not want that.

//SIGNED//
Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Croop-LaFrance, Inc.
Technical Librarian
AFMC/AFRL/RIOIL

Tech Library: http://go.usa.gov/YVQB
Rome Research Site
Phone: (315) 330-7608
Email: Wilfred.Drew.ctr at RL.af.mil
My milBook: http://go.usa.gov/YVQe
Military Librarians milBook: http://go.usa.gov/gNjH
"Google can bring you back 100000 answers, a librarian can bring you back
the right one." -- Neil Gaiman

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-05-29