Campus User Authentication System

Willman, Eric G Willman at UTHSCSA.EDU
Wed May 29 08:24:52 EDT 2013

We utilize Shibboleth with Ezproxy and it has worked really well for all of our facility, staff, and students. Unlike typical Shibboleth installations that require to install a SP server on campus, it is built into the EZproxy installation. Here is a link for more information https://www.oclc.org/support/services/ezproxy/documentation/usr/shibboleth.en.html

To integrate Shibboleth into your online course management system you would need to build a SP server, and determine if your institution has and IDP server to transfer data back and forth. Let me know if you need any more information on Shibboleth http://shibboleth.net/.

Eric

Eric Willman
Head of Library Technology
UT Health Science Center San Antonio
210.567.2433

From: Seong Heon Lee <seongheon.lee at TLC.EDU<mailto:seongheon.lee at TLC.EDU>>
Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:39 PM
To: "WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU<mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>" <WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU<mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>>
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Campus User Authentication System

Hi, colleague,

I am looking for a campus user authentication service (something like NetID) which centrally manage users' access to various campus web services. For example, I want to integrate web services like online course management system (Moodle), library databases (Ezporxy), library online catalog (KOHA), and others.

Our campus provides LDAPS. I am not clear, however, how I can build up a single web interface which comprehensively manage all user access to those different services.

I am looking for a simple, intuitive, and secure method to accomplish this. I will appreciate if you recommend any product, service, companies, and your personal experiences.

Thanks.

--

Seong-heon Lee, M.L.I.S., M.DIV.
Director of Educational Technology and Librarian

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-05-28

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-05-29