Epson Expression 10000XL discontinued as of Friday March 1, 2013

Kent Gerber kent-gerber at BETHEL.EDU
Tue May 21 12:08:04 EDT 2013

I thought it might be helpful for those of you who are involved in
digitization activities to know that the Epson Expression 10000XL has been
discontinued as of Friday, March 1, 2013.

Here is one site with the information,
https://m.cdwg.com/shop/products/Epson-Expression-10000XL-Color-Flatbed-Scanner-Graphic-Arts-Model/661175,
and you will also see "discontinued" on the Epson website.

This has large implications because it is the standard piece of hardware
for the library, archive, and museum community who depend on its
dependability and flexibility.

Does anyone know of a more recent model of scanner that is comparable?

I still think it is a good purchase even now but wonder for how long that
will be true.

What thoughts do you all have about this?

Kent

--
Kent Gerber, MSLIS
Digital Library Manager