Library Association Promotion of Open Educational Resources ?

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sat Mar 30 21:22:12 EDT 2013

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

I am greatly interested in professional library associations  that are formally (or informally) involved promoting and supporting Open Educational Resources (OERs).

As defined in Wikipedia,

"Open Educational Resources (OER) are freely accessible, usually openly licensed documents and media that are useful for teaching, learning, educational, assessment and research purposes"  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_educational_resources).

[snip]

"Open Educational Resources include: full courses, course materials, modules, learning objects, open textbooks, streaming videos, tests, software, and any other tools, materials, or techniques used to support access to knowledge"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_educational_resources#Types)

I am particularly interested in the specific association ad hoc or formal groups that are involved in any/all OER initiatives.

BTW: I have searched select associations sites (ACRL, ALA, MLA, IFLA, and SLA), but do not find information relating to association group activities [?].

Thanks for your assistance !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor